May 9, 2014

Wicked Review: Into The Still Blue by Veronica Rossi


Published: January 28, 2014
Publisher: Harper Collins
Series: Under The Never Sky #3
Acquired: Digital copy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14288998-into-the-still-blue?ac=1



The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do--and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as a makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in a grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival--he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.






I was left on the edge of my seat while muffling my screams and tugging on my hair. I can't believe that this is the last book. Over the past few days, I have grown so attached to all these characters-Perry, Aria, Roar, Cinder, Soren, Reef-it's hard to say good bye.

When Perry, Aria, Roar, Brooke, Soren and Jupiter left the cave to hunt Sable and Hess to save Cinder, I knew something really horrible will happen. True enough, something did. But I did not expected what happened during and what happened after.

I love how Perry and Aria grew as a tandem. I'd rather not say a couple because it would mean something sappy, well for me at least. I love how they moved together. They are so in sync. Soren was definitely a surprise. I kept waiting for him to betray Aria and Perry but he didn't. Roar and Perry's brotherhood is something to admire. Perry can't live without Roar and Roar is also the same. They're like parabatai. Reminds me of Will and Jem.

With a heavy heart, I say goodbye-no, not really. I say hello. Saying goodbye sucks so I'll say hello. I am so happy that I met such amazing characters who have ripped my soul apart-in a good way.






Veronica Rossi graduated from UCLA. The first book in her Under the Never Sky trilogy was named an ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults selection and an Indie Next List Pick. The second book, Through the Ever Night , was a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. The series has been optioned for film by Warner Bros. 



No comments:

Post a Comment